Sunday, September 27, 2015

Being Confident in the Calling

This week I was asked a peculiar question by someone..."Jennica...you are young and single...how long are you REALLY going to be at Highlands? You can be doing anything you want - you can go wherever you want, do whatever you want, how long are you really planning on staying here?"

Hearing this question got me thinking. My life today isn't anything like I thought it would be - I never would have guessed that God would allow me to do my dream job right out of college. During church this morning - one of the points being made was: Take courage in your Calling - Trust what God has entrusted to you. I am regularly humbled by the fact that God chooses to use us in our brokenness to share God's Word with other people. He entrusts us with the message - confident that we will get the job done.

I have no idea what God has for the future...I don't know what tomorrow will hold, or next week, next month or next year. But, I do know...that I am confident in what God has called me to. God has given me a deep passion to invest in the next generation and I want to do all I can to fulfill the task God has created for me.

God so clearly brought me to Highlands and I am so thankful for how clear that call was. I am starting this new week with a deeper sense of rest than I had before. I want to be able to say at the end of the day, that I did all I could to fulfill God's call on my life. I love the life God has blessed me with in Renton and I truly could not imagine being anywhere else or doing anything else at this point in my life. I am thankful for how God shut so many doors to lead me to this place. He is good. His timing is impeccable.

In Acts 20 it says:
But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
We don't always get what we want, when we want it....but that is such a gift!! He knows us deeper than we know ourselves...and for that I am truly grateful. I want to do better at more quickly turning to dwell on His faithfulness and celebrating His grace.

My friends, in a world where it is so easy to compare oneself to another - where we see the 'happy faces' on social media...where we are always trying to do bigger and better things - where the grass is always greener on the other side - be confident in the message and calling God has given YOU.

That calling is only yours and it is beautiful! 

4 comments:

  1. Well said, my sweet friend! Love you, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN!! Thank you for the encouragement! And thank you for your faithfulness to His call on your life, for many have been blessed thru you, and God is glorified when we are what/who He created us to be, and when we are obedient to His call. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!! ~ paula

    ReplyDelete